What does my child need?
There are a few things that your child will need to bring to Nursery every day:
- Send them in clothes that you don't mind them getting messy. A lot of our learning gets messy, and when the children are engaged the last thing they are thinking about is keeping their clothes clean!
- At least one full set of spare clothes: top to toe!
- Nappies, if your child wears them.
- A bag to keep it all in.
- Any medication your child is taking, which must be handed to an adult for safe keeping.
- A pair of slippers, named.
- A sun hat.
- Apply sun cream before sending your child to Nursery. If they are spending a full day with us they will need some extra in their bag.
- Appropriate clothes which will protect them from the sun.
- A warm coat.
- Hat, gloves and scarf.
We'll provide these if you don't want to send your child with their own:
- Waterproof coat and trousers.
Please do not bring, unless arranged with a member of staff:
- Food or drink. We will provide everything your child will need during their session. We have a number of children who attend our nursery who have sever food allergies, sending in food with your child can pose a significant risk to these children.
- Toys. We have plenty to keep the children busy, which usually means that anything from home will quickly become lost!
- Dummies. Due to Covid-19 restrictions it is not safe for us to have dummies in the setting. If you need help in supporting your child off their dummy, please speak to your child's key person.